- 8 national roads (DN), 43 county roads (DJ) and 142 village roads (DC) ensure smooth transport in the county, and the county road network enables fast and easy transport to the rest of the country and abroad.
- The most important section of the road, which crosses Harghita County and provides fast connections to the rest of the country, is the European road E578, which provides access to the European road E85 and E60, thus providing fast transport abroad.
With the construction of the east-west motorway (A8), entrepreneurs operating in the county will be able to deliver products abroad on the motorway immediately.
- The A8 motorway will provide an immediate connection to the A3 motorway, so it will be possible to get to Budapest from Harghita County in 6 hours.
LENGTH OF THE ROAD NETWORK IN HARGITA COUNTY: 2088 KM (source: Harghita County General Development Strategy, 2016)
- Harghita County is directly connected to all major European cities and, thanks to the railway, is directly connected to the Black Sea (via Constanta).
- The rail connection provides an opportunity for investors and businesses to transport rail by all parts of the country and in Europe.
LENGTH OF THE RAIL NETWORK IN HARGITA COUNTY: 207 KM83,57% OF ELECTRIC
CONNECTING BUCHAREST, BRAȘOV, SFÂNTU GHEORGHE, BAIA MARE, SATU MARE, CLUJ-NAPOCA, ORADEA AND ABROAD
THE NEAREST AIRPORTS TO HARGITA COUNTY:
- Bacau International Airport (George Enescu) 145 km Târgu Mureș International Airport157 km
- Sibiu International Airport 207 km
- Cluj-Napoca International Airport (Avram Iancu) is 233 km away
- Otopeni International Airport (Henri Coanda) is 249 km away
- Brasov International Airport108 km